British Red Cross helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. They are part of a global voluntary network, responding to conflicts, natural disasters and individual emergencies. They help vulnerable people in the UK and abroad prepare for, withstand and recover from emergencies in their own communities.
British Red Cross tendered for providers of a Brand Toolkit providing over 3,000 users with access to marketing guidelines, digital assets and artwork creation tools along with the ability to order goods from stock and print on demand. The toolkit required integration with the British Red Cross e-procurement platform for order approval. Integration was also required with their intranet for authentication without the users entering an additional password.
Mosaic’s Complis® worked with British Red Cross to launch a new Toolkit, to create a central brand ‘hub’ to manage and share its branded digital assets.
The toolkit includes:
- One place for employees, suppliers, partners, journalists and others to download approved brand assets, such as logos, fonts, documents and presentations.
- Upload and create case studies along with creating your own material on demand.
- An approval process for new brand assets. For example, an employee who has downloaded a logo for use in new artwork can upload the finished artwork file for approval. A member of the BRC brand team then either approves the artwork or adds comments and rejects it back to the employee. The approved files remain archived on the site in case they need to be referred to later; for example to find out who approved them.
- Guidelines for how to use the brand assets. Content managed online, browse and download the brand guidelines as PDFs. In addition, when a user downloads one or more brand assets then the appropriate guidelines are included in their download.
- Integration with online ordering, controlling British Red Cross brand with intelligent rules and creating templates within InDesign.
- British Red Cross can now order stock, print on demand, downloads and web to print in one place.
- Single sign-on (SSO) for BRC employees, so they don’t need to remember yet another username and password combination.
How did Mosaic’s Complis® help?
Mosaic’s Complis® provided the British Red Cross with a truly seamless solution. Not only integrated with their authentication and e-procurement, but also with their fulfilment warehouse and print suppliers, reducing lead times and improving data reliability.
All areas of the system take into account the different areas of the British Red Cross organisation, so each user sees only relevant content such as writing guidelines, photography guidelines, digital assets and artwork templates. This makes the experience more relevant, familiar and therefore easier to use; making it quicker to get the job done. Certain users within the British Red Cross also have access to create and edit their own artwork templates and content, manage assets, approve spend and delegate editorial rights of content, assets and templates without losing control of the British Red Cross brand.
Mosaic’s Complis® worked closely with BRC’s graphic designers to produce the visual design that matches the brand identity and makes the site stand out.